Job no: EAO00207
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Government, Legal
Exciting and rare opportunity to enhance your career in Health Law / Administrative Law:
• by working with the 14 National Health Boards, and
• being part of a dynamic and respected legal services team
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 14 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
If you have significant experience as a legal practitioner, preferably in health or regulatory law, and you are now ready for your next career challenge and an opportunity to further enhance your career in the health law and regulation, then this is the role for you.
Reporting to Special Counsel, working in a fast paced and professional environment, you will provide high level legal advice on legal, policy and procedural issues and on the application of the law in complex cases. You will manage disciplinary cases and appeals to Tribunals and Courts, as well as contribute to the development of national consistency in the interpretation and administration of the National Law.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate strong legal, analytical and investigative skills, underpinned by highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to provide high quality legal advice in a timely manner.
If this sounds like you, don’t miss this exciting opportunity.
Mandatory requirement of the successful applicant include: a degree in law and having 4 years post admission experience, along with eligibility for a current unrestricted practicing certificate.
Base salary of 94,740 per annum
• Click "Apply now" to submit your application and view the Position Description
• Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
• Your application must include a resume and maximum 2 page response to the “Qualifications/Experience” selection criteria which are stated in the Position Description under the heading "Key Requirements"
• For further information or enquiries please contact Catherine Rees on (07) 3149 4764
• Applications must be submitted by 4 pm , 25th of October 2017
• As part of your application, all applicants external to AHPRA must provide evidence of Australian Working rights
EAO00207Position Description - Legal Officer - L6 - QLD.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend