Customer Service Officer
Job no: V10467
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 16 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Our Customer Service team members play a critical role at AHPRA - typically, you are the first point of contact via phone or web enquiries from health practitioners or the public. You will be responsible for the delivery of customer service excellence and have a solutions focused approach to ensure this is maintained.
We are recruiting now for a number of positions due to commence in February 2019. These will be full time roles and a combination of ongoing and fixed term (various length) arrangements.
In this role you will:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to routine enquiries whether by phone, email or via the web made to the AHPRA Contact Centre
- Record all enquiries in AHPRA’s system according to established policies and procedures
- Manage and take responsibility for delivering high quality customer-focused services
- Forward or appropriately refer all registration and notification requests and other specific enquiries to designated teams or colleagues
- Maintain and observe contact enquiry confidentiality at all times
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a customer service or contact centre environment with the ability to interpret and relay complex information accurately and succinctly
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to deal with challenging customers and deliver a positive experience
- Professionalism, discretion, integrity, diplomacy and confidentiality are crucial to success
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $57,085 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum two page response to at least two of the Qualifications Experience as listed in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Georgina Andrews on 02 8071 2088
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 18 December 2018
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Customer Service Officer Sydney FEB 2019.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend