Senior Freedom of Information (FOI) Officer - Legal Services
Job no: V10514 - closes 21/01
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 16 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Advisor – National Information Release Unit – Legal Services, the role of the Senior FOI Officer - Legal Services is to facilitate the right of every person to obtain access to information held by AHPRA, each of the National Boards and the Agency Management Committee in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and/or Privacy Act 1988, unless exemptions apply.
In this role you will:
- Manage all freedom of information requests regarding access to documents and amendment/annotation of personal records and exercise delegated decision-making powers under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act).
- Assist with responses to subpoenas, warrants and other compulsive notices, and requests for information under the National Law
- Recommend solutions or alternative courses of action within organisational policies, procedures and the under the FOI Act and Privacy Act.
- Liaise with relevant program areas within AHPRA, the National Boards and external agencies as required to process requests for information under the FOI Act and Privacy Act including searching and collating relevant information.
- Manage the daily operations of the FOI team.
- Maintain a database of all FOI and privacy requests.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- A degree in law or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of Freedom of Information, Privacy and/or Administrative law and governance, particularly as required in a statutory or regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policies, guidelines and procedures including proven ability to undertake research.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to establish productive and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Advanced organisational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise and manage competing tasks and deadlines
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $97,109 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and maximum two-page response to at least two of the Qualifications/Experience as listed in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact recruitment via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Monday 21 January 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E10918 - Senior Freedom of Information (FOI) Officer L6 - Revised December 2018.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend