Regulatory Officer - Registration (Quality)
Job no: V10612 - close 05/05
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Location: Canberra, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration (Quality), the Regulatory Officer – Registration (Quality) will undertake and support quality assurance activities to ensure adherence to AHPRA’s registration standards, approved process and procedures across the registration function and to drive continuous improvement and national consistency. This includes the conduct, documentation and reporting of audits through objective evidence gathering and providing outcomes to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration Team Leader/s.
This position is available in either Sydney or Canberra.
In this role you will:
- Undertake quality assurance activities that monitor and review adherence to registration processes and relevant regulatory and compliance requirements across the registration function.
- Initiate, organise, lead and conduct audits of the registration standards approved process and procedures across the registration function.
- Build productive working relationships with internal stakeholders to support evidence gathering and validation of findings
- Report on the outcomes of an internal reviews and provide recommendations to take appropriate follow up action to drive consistency and continuous improvement.
- Complete all work according to established process, standards, timeframes and quality benchmarks, as reviewed and agreed from time to time
- Other duties as directed by the Regulatory Advisor – Registration (Quality).
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Diploma of Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Diploma of Quality Auditing or Lead Auditor training or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex administrative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance or reviewing detailed information and determining if set requirements are met.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $74,441 per annum.
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum 2 page cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position email email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 5 May 2019.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E10964 Regulatory Officer Registration (Quality) L4.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend