Board Support Officer
Job no: V10686 - close 21/05
Work type: Fixed Term Part Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Board Support Officer, Tasmania is primarily responsible for the provision of high quality, professional and informed secretariat and governance support to Tasmanian Boards and Committees for the nursing/midwifery, medical and dental professions. The Board Support Officer is required to provide a high standard of administrative and support services to the Tasmania (TAS) boards and committees. The Board Officer reports directly to the Office Manager.
This is a part time, fixed term position. The working days are Tuesday and Wednesday, with the ability to change days in order to cover staff leave.
In this role you will:
- Providing senior administrative support to the relevant board and board chair
- Ensuring the preparation of agendas and meeting papers for board and committee meetings meets the set deadlines and all agenda and meeting papers are accurately uploaded for electronic distribution
- Answer and respond to incoming telephone enquiries.
- Coordinating events in consultation with the State Manager, including working groups, teleconferences and other inter-office meetings as required
- Effectively managing board communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Responding to stakeholder requests, collate and disseminate relevant information, resolve standard problems, escalate issues when required, and effectively prioritise responses to stakeholders
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Certificate IV or Diploma of Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support in a complex work environment
- High level organisation skills including excellent time management skills plus the ability to prioritise workload in response to time critical targets
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to deliver assigned workload
- Advanced MS Office skills, and other applications including database software, email and internet
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $74, 441 per annum (pro rata).
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum 2-page cover letter outlining the ‘ideal candidate’ criteria.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Anne Grace on (03) 62817945 or email email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 21 May 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E10033 Board Support Officer Level 4.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend