Information Security Consultant
Job no: V10743 - close 30/07
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The position is core part of the National Information Security function, which comes under National Business Services and Corporate Risk and Compliance. The security team performs three core functions for the organisation - The first is providing assurance and governance of AHPRA’s information security including Risk management, Audits, Policy frameworks and security awareness. The second is to manage security operations including security analytics, cyber resilience, security incident management, problem resolution, vulnerability management and reporting. The third is establishing an enterprise security strategy, security architecture and supporting projects with secure solution design and implementation.
This position will be mainly focused on the third core function of the security team – Enterprise Security Strategy, Architecture, Roadmap, Program building and assisting projects with security solution design.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain enterprise security strategy, architecture, roadmap, cyber security program of works and creating relevant business cases.
- Work with project teams to define requirements for appropriate security controls within enterprise initiatives to protect AHPRA’s network and systems, covering all digital, data, mobile, cloud, application development, network platforms, infrastructure platforms, endpoint, gateway, and telephony platforms.
- Developing and maintaining an information security strategy and framework.
- Review existing IT platforms for information security controls, design and develop, document, and communicate adherence to architecture, blueprints, standards and strategies.
- Providing expert information security advice to architect and design solutions across business systems and information technology infrastructure and assuring projects, solution designs and ongoing software development lifecycle.
- Security specialist experience and/or equivalent certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, CRISC
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the IT security domain at variously capacities
- At least 2 years relevant experience to this role, such as solution designer, architect or senior technical SME designing security solutions
- One or more of these Security certifications or equivalent experience – Prefer SABSA, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, CRISC, AWS Security Engineering, Azure Security
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably university graduated or equivalent
- Ideally coming from a Software Development background and proven experience in solution design, architecture capability
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location.
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter addressing the ‘Ideal Candidate' criteria above.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Vjay Narayan on (03) 8708 9244 on email Vijay.Narayan@ahpra.gov.au or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 30 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E11340 - Information Security Consultant.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend