Manager Finance Support Services
Job no: 493264 - close 17/07
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Our Finance & Procurement team contributes to this mission by leveraging data, embracing technology and enabling change and help maintain the financial discipline and long-term sustainability of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme including AHPRA and the National Boards.
The focus of the role is standardisation of activities, continuous improvement, automation and more efficient use of systems. The Manager Finance Support Services is responsible for the direct leadership of the accounting and reporting support services team.
Salary is commensurate with experience
In this role you will:
- Design, implement and embed best practice finance processes using recognised process re-engineering methodologies
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of month end processes, reporting is automated where feasible and accurate budgeting and forecasting data is prepared for internal stakeholders
- Identify opportunities that brings process efficiencies through systemisation and other means
- Lead a high performing team in line with our values: Service, Collaboration and Achievement
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Lean Six Sigma (green belt minimum) qualifications
- Experience in leading and developing a team through business process improvement
- Experience in implementing process reengineering
- Excellent communication skills with highly developed stakeholder engagement capabilities
- A positive attitude, combined with strong communication and influencing skills to drive the financial and procurement governance
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Kelly Johnston via email at email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 17 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
RD18 Manager Finance Support Services.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend