Regulatory Officer - Registration
Job no: V10760 - close 23/07
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Administration, Government
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration (Team Leader) the Regulatory Officer – Registration will be responsible for the case management of complex and high-risk applications for registration and renewal of registration. The role will deliver efficient and accurate assessment and processing of applications, and other related documents including the active management of compliance with inherent restrictions. This will be in accordance with the Regulatory Principles for the National Scheme, the National Law, registration standards, guidelines, and national organisational policies and procedures with a focus on AHPRA’s values to deliver high performance.
In this role you will:
- Deliver customer focused efficient, accurate assessing and processing of applications and other documents for registration of health practitioners
- Assess and case manages applications for registration in a manner that is consistent with the National Law, agreed policies, processes, procedures, relevant Board’s professional registration standards within KPI’s timeframes.
- Prepare relevant correspondence, agenda papers, reports, and recommendations about registration matters.
- Provides high quality regulatory advice to applicants, health practitioners and stakeholders regarding applications for Registration and/or renewal.
- Maintain the register of health practitioners ensuring that information entered is up to date and accurate.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Diploma of Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex administrative environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications for email, word processing, spreadsheets and data bases and an ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels
- Strong organisation skills including excellent time management skills plus the ability to prioritise workload in response to time critical targets.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance with generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $74,441 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and maximum 2-page response to the ‘Ideal Candidate' criteria located above.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Tuesday 23 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please
E11076 Regulatory Officer Registration L4.pdf
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend