Job no: 493299 - close 17/07
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Any - Any location
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
A notification is a complaint or concern regarding the health, conduct or performance of a health practitioner or student who is registered with a National Board. The notification process is one of two major regulatory functions of the National Boards, the other being the registration of practitioners. A notification might alert a National Board to concerns about public safety and may require Board action impacting upon the practitioner’s registration and scope of practice. Effective and efficient management of notifications is important both to the public and the professions themselves.
We are recruiting for vacancies on 12 month fixed term contracts.
In this role you will:
- Plan and conduct assessments and investigations into notifications concerning health professionals’ impairment, performance or conduct under the National Law
- Request, obtain and analyse relevant information relating to the notification and if required, interview key witnesses and third parties
- Document evidence and preparing high quality reports and recommendations in accordance with the National Law, incorporating findings for consideration by the relevant Board or committee
- Effectively maintain confidential records and filing systems
- Contribute to the development, review and continuous improvement of procedures related to the management and reporting of notifications
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (for example lawyer, health practitioner)
- Previous experience in the conduct of professional standards investigations or case management in a sensitive and complex environment
- Ability to apply legislation, policies and procedures in a regulatory environment
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and conceptual skills together with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and resolve issues independently in a sensitive and complex environment
- Strong written communication skills including experience in writing reports and recommendations, preparing correspondence and agenda items
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave and annual leave loading
- Central location and sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $97,109 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your formal application
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a current resume and a maximum two page response to at least two of the Personal Attributes under key requirements which are stated in the position description
- For further information or enquiries please contact Monica Lambley on 03 8708 9061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As part of your application, all applicants external to AHPRA must provide evidence of their right to work in Australia and submit to a Criminal History Check
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 17 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
PD Various Notifications Officer.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend