Job no: V10770 - close 18/07
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Manager Notifications & Administration Coordinator, the Administration Officer will be responsible for the provision of a broad range of administration services to support the work of the Notifications team, Victoria. As part of this the role will be required to undertake tasks including but not limited to the processing of notifications, dealing with enquiries from internal and external stakeholders including practitioners and the general public and developing and maintaining correspondence and relevant document management and internal administrative systems.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative assistance for the processing of notifications including responding to notification enquiries, managing correspondence, preparation for board/committee meetings, and following through on any actions required
- Meet required deadlines in the preparation and distribution of material for assigned committee /board meetings.
- Consult with other notification officers to determine the course of action required on notifications and to provide the necessary support and coordination of workflow.
- Regularly communicate with the notifier and health practitioner to provide advice, assistance and to inform of the progress of the notification.
- Liaise with other agencies/organisations as required to obtain relevant information pertaining to the notification.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in providing support across a range of administrative activities including but not limited to telephony, correspondence, document and file management and finance and data entry
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to data entry information with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a small team environment and also show initiative and work independently when required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive base salary of $65,184
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum 2-page cover letter addressing the 'Ideal Candidate' criteria above.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Kristie Abbruzzese on (03) 8708 9181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Thursday 18 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
PD- Administration Officer - Notifications - Level 3.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend