Medical Clinical Advisor
Job no: V10805 - close 13/09
Work type: Fixed Term Part Time
Location: Any - Any location
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The purpose of the Medical Clinical Advisor role is to review all incoming notifications about medical practitioners, provide and/or source clinical – including independent expert - advice about their management, contribute to discussions with practitioners, review briefing information sent to experts, performance assessors and health assessors, assist notification officers to understand the clinical context in which notifications arise, assist compliance officers in formulating clinically relevant registration restrictions and provide clinical input to reports to the Board.
There are multiple part time roles (0.2 – 0.4 FTE preferred) for a fixed term initially to 30 June 2020 and each can be based in any state or territory.
In this role you will:
- Provide clinical advice using IT systems, phone and email.
- Attend (virtually if necessary) case conferences to provide clinical advice
- Contribute to improvement in the management of performance notifications about medical practitioners and to the development of polices and processes.
- Contribute to the Joint Consideration Process with health complaints entities.
- Assist staff in notifications, registration and compliance to brief stakeholders of a case
- Liaise with investigators, assessment facilitators and compliance officers in relation to the investigation and management of notifications and compliance monitoring cases
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Eagerness to contribute to medical regulation
- Unrestricted medical registration in Australia
- Extensive experience and current practice in your specialty area
- Ability to exercise judgment and resolve issues independently, consistent with organisational objectives and delegations of authority
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines whilst ensuring attention to detail
To submit your application:
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your interest
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a resume and a two-page maximum, cover letter, addressing the Qualifications and Experience detailed in the position description.
- Expressions of Interest close: 13 September 2019
- For further information or enquiries please contact Richenda Webb on 08 7071 5521 or email Richenda.Webb@ahpra.gov.au
Medical Clinical Advisor.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend