Regulatory Board Services Officer
Job no: V10835 - close 27/08
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Territory Manager, Northern Territory, the purpose of the role is to provide professional, informed secretariat and governance support to AHPRA Boards and Committees. This will include a focus on customer service and high performance. A key feature of the role is the ability to work across different teams as the business needs of AHPRA and its regulatory decision-making delegates evolve and change.
Full or part time fte would be considered for this role.
In this role you will:
- Record and/or manage decisions and actions from board and committee meetings, depending upon the nature of the meeting. This may include scheduling and/or attending meetings and taking accurate minutes, distributing outcomes to relevant parties in a timely manner and in a format that accords with the purpose of the meeting.
- Manage board and committee documentation. This includes preparing agendas and, in partnership with regulatory operations colleagues, ensuring that the content is relevant and complete.
- Assist with the management of all board and committee communications to internal and external stakeholders. Consult and liaise with program directors, managers, staff and board and committee members in relation to agenda items and papers.
- Coordinate any necessary arrangements for meetings and associated activities. This includes room bookings, and ensuring appropriate technology is available depending on the nature of the meeting.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally via phone, email and face-to-face.
- Respond promptly and courteously to stakeholder requests, collate and disseminate relevant information, resolve standard problems, escalate issues when required.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Post-secondary and/or tertiary qualifications combined with relevant work experience advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in providing secretariat functions in a complex environment (corporate or public sector) ie. supporting boards, committees and sub committees
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with executive and senior managers and key external stakeholders
- Appropriate contemporary IT skills across common platforms
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive base salary of $76,302 per annum
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E11415 - Regulatory Board Services Officer.pdf
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend