Clinical Advisor (Optometry)
Job no: 493555 - close 31/01
Work type: Contractor
Location: Any - Any location
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Clinical Advisor will contribute to a risk-based approach to the management of matters by providing regulatory operations staff with clinical input into notification, compliance and registration matters.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced practitioners with general registration and who hold endorsement for scheduled medicines, to provide contracting services, as needed on an ad hoc basis, from the Optometry profession. Due the ad hoc nature of the work and depending on the volume and complexity of matters, the number of hours that a contractor may be expected to work is variable and not assured.
This role can be completed in any location
Role duties include: providing clinical input to regulatory operations staff on the management of cases, reviewing briefing information sent to external parties, reviewing responses from practitioners and assisting regulatory operation’s staff to understand and interpret clinical material.
In this role you will:
- Provide accurate and timely clinical input in to the assessment and management of notifications (complaints), compliance and registration matters.
- Assist in the identification of performance-based issues
- Advise on the application and monitoring of regulatory action imposed on an Optometrist’s registration
- Contribute to the delivery of a professional, proactive, accurate, efficient, confidential and customer focused service
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary Optometry qualification including clinical qualifications.
- Currently holds general registration with endorsement and without restrictions as a health practitioner in Australia, in the Optometry profession and has held general registration with endorsement for a minimum of five years.
- Demonstrated senior experience in professional practice which may include advanced clinical decision making, training and supervision, and/or management/oversight of health practitioners in a clinical setting.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage tasks and deadlines to deliver quality clinical input in a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and resolve issues independently, consistent with organisational objectives and delegations of authority.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills and a demonstrable ability to identify critical issues and provide high level, authoritative strategic advice.
To submit your interest:
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your interest
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a resume (including referees) and a two-page maximum, cover letter, addressing the Registration, Experience and Personal Attributes detailed in the Scope of Work.
- Expressions of Interest close: 31st January 2020
- For further information or enquiries please contact Ben Keith on 03 8708 9113 or email email@example.com
Clinical Advisor - Scope of Work Optometry September 2019.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend