Senior Data Engineer
Job no: V11762
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Strategy & Policy
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The role of Senior Data Engineer is a fabulous opportunity within a great team. It is the chance to get in at the start of an exciting project to migrate and modernise our on premises data platform to Azure cloud. The data platform will support the enterprise’s data requirements from reporting to AI and data exchange.
You will be responsible for all aspects of data solution delivery life cycle and provide technical leadership to other team members. This role must actively provide inputs and direction for the strategic data platform changes, so that it can efficiently support current and new products.
You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement which will see you establish trust and credibility with our stakeholders and teams.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical inputs into the strategic decisions and directions for the Enterprise Data platform development
- Technical leadership for the on-prem to Azure migration and modernisation
- Lead the design, development, testing, deployment and operation of data infrastructure, data pipelines, data warehouse, data marts and other data products on cloud data platform.
- Grow team’s technical capabilities through coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure our systems are fit for purpose, well architected, secure, reliable, resilient and cost effective.
- Drive continuous improvement of our technology and practices in alignment with Ahpra’s overall architecture strategy and development practices.
You can read more in the attached role description: Senior Data Engineer (RD Final).pdf
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Deep hands-on experience in Azure data platform technologies (e.g. Azure SQL/Managed Instance, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Key Vault, Azure DevOps, Azure Analysis Services/Tabular/DAX, Databricks - intermediate etc).
- Deep practical experience in data analysis and modelling (with the focus on Data Vault and Star Schema) for design and implementation of the data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Advanced SQL knowledge with solid understanding of underlying SQL Server technology and best practice.
- Strong software engineering skills using multiple languages like Python, C# or Scala.
- Solid practical knowledge in building, maintaining and coordinating an automated build/release from Development to Production through CI/CD stack in Azure DevOps.
- Solid understanding of Data Science concepts and able to perform feature engineering to support the data science function within the organisation
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance with genuine flexibility - 50% office based, 50% work from home means the best of both worlds
- Sophisticated open plan work spaces in a 5 star rated building
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a current resume and a 1-2 page cover letter highlighting your skills and experience
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on Monday 14 June 2021
- For further information or enquiries please email Ivan.Galovec@ahpra.gov.au
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend