Job no: V11780
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to he Procurement Specialist Lead, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring Ahpra engages with suppliers effectively via procurement processes that meet all legal and governance requirement
This is a Full Time, Ongoing (Permanent) position based in our Melbourne Office
In this role you will:
- Responsible for the procurement of external goods and services within policy and best practice.
- Responsible for tender process and procurement reports and support the strategic sourcing of external goods and services.
- Market intelligence activities, trends analysis and development and application of current best practice procurement.
- Responsible for developing the category management strategy for professional services procurements in accordance with best practice. This involves establishing and managing relationships with prospective vendors and assisting as needed with any other procurement of external goods and services.
- Lead in implementing solutions for Ahpra to deliver measurable cost savings and efficiency improvements across the professional services procurement category.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification desirable that is relevant to managing procurement of goods and services
- Recent procurement knowledge (preferable in government throughout Australia)
- Demonstrated experience in procurement activities in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in procurement reporting development and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing positive and productive relationships with senior management, staff and multiple stakeholders in a complex organisation, preferably national in scope
- Knowledge of best practice procurement principles and practices
- Well-developed interpersonal, consulting and negotiating skills including the ability to liaise and provide advice to management and staff on procurement practices and procedures.
Role Description: Procurement Specialist (RD Final).pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Central location and sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive salary of $102,025 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Qualifications & Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on Wednesday 16th June 2021
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend