Job no: V11798
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The IT Directorate provides technology services and solutions that advance the Ahpra vision, mission and strategic goals. The Directorate supports Ahpra’s users, leadership, external stakeholders and practitioners with customer-oriented service and a robust and reliable technology environment that encourages effective and innovative ways of using technology in all facets of Ahpra’s operations.
Working within the IT Directorate, The Initiative Coordinator will contribute their professional, specialist and technical skills to ensure agreed Ahpra and National Board initiatives are successfully delivered. The role will work as part of a team, to support approved initiatives by providing professional, informed program and administrative support
This position is a full time, fixed term contract for an initial period of twelve months based in our Melbourne Office
In this role you will:
- Coordinate, negotiate and influence program related activities in consultation with key stakeholders, including ensuring their efficient and effective management, tracking of key dependencies, tracking milestones, tracking of program level risks and issues and achievement of outcomes
- Provide effective and high-level quality support and coordination to initiatives and related governance groups (may include steering committee, working groups) including recording accurate minutes; and organising sprints and meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Develop, review, make recommendations and implement changes for continuous improvement of process and procedures, in particular, resource allocation, program outcome status tracking and financial management
- Maintain a high level of initiative and understanding of program/initiative management, especially in relation to an Agile methodology of delivery
- Manage relationships and where required, negotiate outcomes across different squads to ensure initiative outcomes, management of identified risks/issues and costs
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent level of experience across required areas of expertise
- Experience of working in a regulatory or compliance-focused environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Proficient across the Microsoft Office suite
- Exposure and detailed knowledge of project management tools and methodology
- Demonstrated experience working managing and influencing in a complex and fast-changing environment work environment
Role Description Initiative Coordinator (RD Final).pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Central location and sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive salary of $91,547 per annum plus 10% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Qualifications & Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on Sunday 20th June 2021
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend