Regulatory Officer - Registration International Stream
Job no: 495247
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
We currently have multiple fixed term, full time roles (various lengths) available in our Perth office. We will also be using this process to establish talent pools for future vacancies.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration Team Leader, the Regulatory Officer – Registration will be responsible for the case management of applications for registration and renewal of registration. The role is positioned in the International Stream delivering efficient and accurate assessment and processing of applications, and other related documents, including active management of compliance with inherent restrictions where required.
Some but not limited to duties of the role are as outlined below:
- Deliver customer focused efficient, accurate assessing and processing of applications and other documents for registration of health practitioners
- Analysis data or policy, prepare relevant correspondence, agenda papers, reports, and recommendations about registration matters
- Assess and case manage applications for registration in a manner that is consistent with the National Law and agreed national policies, processes, procedures, and relevant Board’s professional registration standards within KPI’s timeframes.
- Prepare correspondence for our key stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Respond quickly and professionally to new and changing situations in a fast paced environment
- Provide accurate and timely general administrative assistance
- Be proactive and take initiative to respond to administrative needs
You will be an experienced and organised professional with exceptional communication skills and a very high level of attention to detail. You will also be a committed team player with a strong team and customer focus. The successful applicant will also obtain the following skills:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in a range of applications including Microsoft Office and experience using electronic databases (TRIM/Content Manager and Salesforce) and an ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Report (agenda) writing and conceptual & analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to process data entry information with a high degree of accuracy,
- Ability to problem solve, analyse and interpret information and established procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills plus the ability to prioritise workload in response to time critical targets.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to deliver outcomes and objectives
- Previous experience in a similar role or Regulatory Officer position (desired)
Role Description Regulatory Officer Registration L3.pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- Employee discount and memberships (Private Health Insurance, Gym)
- Great work/life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Attractive base salary of $70,196 per annum plus superannuation
- Click to apply for this job and to submit an application
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the Qualifications & Experience section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact our recruitment team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 31 October 2021 at 11.55pm
Please note applications will be screened and shortlisted during the advertising period. Should we receive suitable candidates during this time, the advertising period will cease.
Previous applicants need not to apply.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend