Application Support Specialist - Information Exchange Systems
Job no: V12558
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
This is a full time, ongoing role based in our Melbourne office working a hybrid arrangement.
The Application Support Specialist manages and supports production system which provides critical information exchange with external organisations on a day-to-day basis. Daily activities include monitoring, reporting and reviewing performance of applications and software components in the enterprise IT environment to allow normal operations and to detect and escalate exception conditions and ensures that the level of application availability meets the needs of Ahpra.
The role is the key contact point with customers for technical support, including assisting with resolution of issues and documenting and defining new or changed requirements.
In this role you will:
- Provide the key contact point for external parties for the resolution of issues, and documenting and defining new or changed requirements
- Support and comply with SDLC processes including release management, configuration management and version control
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC including investigation, analysis, design, build, test, implementation, support and maintenance
- Prepare and maintain technical documents such as standards and procedures, technology reviews, technical specifications, operations guides, and standards for software development and coding.
- Participate in reviews of artefacts such as business requirements specifications and functional specification documents
You can read more in the attached role description: RD Application Support Specialist - Information Exchange Systems (final).pdf
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary or equivalent qualifications (or experience) in software development/engineering or information technology
- Strong SQL Server fundamentals, with good understanding of scalability issues, i.e. compression, partitioning, lock escalation, transaction management.
- Good hands-on experience in creating Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Cursors, Hash tables and handling complex data types.
- Ability to deliver clean, documented and testable code.
- Good working knowledge of SQL Profiler.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2016
- Good design skills and knowledge of Common design patterns.
- Experience in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) development using Microsoft SQL Server.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working arrangement
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive salary of $91,547 per annum plus Superannuation
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your experience in the "Ideal Candidate" statements above
- Applications must be submitted by 11:30pm 16 August 2022
- For further information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continued connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
With respect, no agencies please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend