Job no: V12640
Work type: Ongoing Part Time
Categories: People and Culture
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
This is a part time (30hrs per week flexible on hours per day) role based in our Brisbane office working a hybrid arrangement.
About the Role
As the Payroll Officer, you will ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll for Ahpra staff and Board members. You have a strong focus on customer service, responsiveness and problem solving to foster productive relationships with employees and key stakeholders.
Competing priorities are common but you have the ability to effectively prioritise and manage not only tasks, but expectations with the upmost of integrity and needless to say, confidentiality. You would also describe yourself as a strong user in the Microsoft office suite - particularly excel.
You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all staff are paid on a timely basis and payroll records are maintained ensuring compliance with Awards, Agreements and contracts of employment
- Prepare correspondence and documentation as required, e.g. Statement of Earnings letters, Certificates of Service.
- Respond accurately to telephone and email enquiries and provide administrative support as required.
- Support the Senior Payroll Officer and work cohesively with the broader team, with a common goal to provide excellence in service by continually seeking to improve current processes
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of experience across payroll function in a large (1000+ employee) and complex organisation
- Previous experience working with human resource information systems and tools
- Thorough understanding of payroll legislation
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and develop work strategies to achieve deadlines
- Strong focus on teamwork
Role Descriptor : Payroll Officer
What we offer:
- Great work/life balance with generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Attractive salary of $80,165 per annum (pro rata) plus Superannuation and Leave loading
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume, a cover letter and selection criteria addressing the “As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following” section
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.55pm AEST Sunday 21 August 2022
- For further information or enquiries please contact Jade Ngo on 03 8708 9708 or Recruitment@ahpra.gov.au
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend