The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
We have several full time roles for 2 years (with the possibility of extension) and can be based in our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth offices.
We will be shortlisting and interviewing applicants during the advertising period. Should we find suitable candidates, advertising may cease early.
You are an experienced leader - you lead with care and by example and willing to get in with the operational work. No two days are the same in this role which is fast paced and requires solutions to at times complex tasks. You have strong problem solving abilities, know how to prioritise and meet critical targets and motivate your team to do the same. Drawing on your experience in a similar role, you will ensure tasks are processed in a timely manner consistent with the Regulatory Principles for the National Scheme, the National Law, registration standards and guidelines.
It isn't all operational - we are looking for "fresh eyes" to determine process efficiencies and improvements which along with your team can be implemented.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
About the Role
The Senior Records Management Officer is responsible for the day to day management and coordinating the records team. This operational position provides leadership and guidance to a team that is geographically dispersed as well as performance management and mentoring/coaching with a proactive approach to emerging issues and workflow management.
Your team provides administrative support to process information received in digital and hard copy format and is responsible for ensuring the daily operations are managed between internal and external stakeholders, implementing strategies and processes to support effective and efficient end to end services providing good records management practices.
Supporting the records team across different locations and applying Ahpra’s principles for virtual teams, this role is also responsible for training, implementation and support of activities implemented across the team.
In this role you will:
- Lead, coach and develop a team of dedicated, knowledgeable Records Officers
- Work in a complex, fast paced environment
- Provide high quality support and advice related to the management of records to internal and external stakeholders
- Have quality interpersonal skills and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Recent demonstrable experience leading teams, preferable across different locations or via remote means
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of experience across Records Management
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in a range of applications including Microsoft Office and experience using electronic databases (Content Manager/TRIM)
- Thorough understanding of policy, standards, and legislation
You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
Senior Records Management Officer (CL5) - Sept 21.pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- Great work/life balance and flexible working
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary starting at $91,547 plus superannuation and leave loading
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume. A cover letter is not required as we will ask several dedicated questions as part of the online application process.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com.
- Closing Date: 11.30pm AEST Monday 15 August 2022
Please note applications will be screened and shortlisted during the advertising period. Should we receive suitable candidates during this time, the advertising period will cease.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continued connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
With respect, no agencies please