Do you value Interesting and challenging work with a focus on public safety, flexible hybrid working and a commitment to training? A career as a Regulatory Advisor within Ahpra’s Notifications team could be your next opportunity!
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme for Australia’s 800,000+ registered health practitioners.
Ahpra’s Notifications Team has nationally based teams of Regulatory Advisors that review, assess and resolve concerns raised with Ahpra about registered health practitioners and make recommendations to support safe and professional practice.
Regulatory Advisors are employed across multiple work streams and contribute to the delivery of quality, timely and risk-based notifications management underpinned by a positive culture of performance and achievement.
They engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, including patients, members of the public, government entities, health practitioners and employers, and require exceptional problem solving and case management skills, a passion for working with the public and a drive to work efficiently and collaboratively within a team-based environment.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience within an ombudsman’s office, risk field, health practice or a hospital, regulation, law, investigations or policing having managed professional standards or health care related investigations in a sensitive and complex environment
We are seeking applicants to join our Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin based teams across all streams. Applications are accepted for expressions of interest to be placed on Ahpra’s merit list for future vacancies.
Please note: We are currently unable to offer part time opportunities and the roles we are currently seeking to recruit to are Full Time (37.5 hours per week).
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
In this role you will:
- Engage positively and with purpose with notifiers, practitioners and third parties utilising exceptional client service skills and communication.
- Use your understanding of patient safety principles and Ahpra’s risk assessment and controls framework to plan and conduct assessments or investigations into notifications concerning health practitioners’ health, performance or conduct.
- Request, obtain and analyse relevant information relating to the notification and the practitioner and if required, interview key witnesses and third parties
- Be collaborative in your case management and actively engage with subject matter experts and other internal stakeholders
- Document findings and prepare high quality, written reports and recommendations for decision makers in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law
- Be confident discussing your recommendations with senior staff and relevant boards and decision makers.
- Adhere to record management requirements to maintain Ahpra’s database and ensure confidentiality and respect in relation to personal information about the individuals involved in our notification processes
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities in the management and reporting of notifications.
A successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience within an ombudsman’s office or other health complaints or complaints entities, risk assessment, health service safety and quality unit, regulation, law, investigations or policing
- Working towards or have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field of health practice, regulation, investigations, risk assessment or law
- Ability to understand legislation and apply policies and procedures
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and conceptual skills together with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and resolve issues independently in a sensitive and complex environment
- Strong written communication skills including experience in writing reports, recommendations, preparing correspondence and agenda items for various stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to listen, show empathy, communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Role Description: Role Description - Level 6 - Regulatory Advisor - Notifications - general Feb 2022.pdf
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging work with a strong public safety purpose
- A supportive and flexible working culture that supports you in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Central office locations and with modern, open plan work spaces
- Attractive salary of $104, 576 per annum plus Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Qualifications & Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Closing date: 11.30pm on Sunday the 16th October 2022
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Offers of employment are subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please