The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
We are recruiting for a fixed term (12 month parental leave) full time role supporting our Dental Board of Australia and based in our Melbourne office working a hybrid arrangement.
About the Role
The role of Executive Officer is to work within Ahpra management structures to provide high-level executive support, leadership and guidance to the relevant National Board and Ahpra.
The Executive Officer is responsible for facilitating the satisfactory delivery of the expected outcomes of the Health Profession Agreement between Ahpra and the National Board. The Executive Officer is also responsible for developing and managing key relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally and for maintaining the reputation and credibility of both Ahpra and the National Board. Please note it is not an essential requirement to have experience in the dental profession.
In this role you will:
- Provide executive leadership to the National Board in relation to the establishment, co-ordination and maintenance of systems and structures to ensure proper registration and regulation of the profession
- Actively assisting the National Board with the development of strategy and planning in the context of the current NRAS Strategy and the Health Profession Agreement
- Provide high quality advice that reflects consideration of scheme-wide impacts and external regulatory, political and stakeholder contexts to guide the National Board in the development of policy, guidelines and standards
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality secretariat service to the National Board
- Provide high quality advice, information and guidance to Ahpra’s executive management
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following
You will be an experienced senior officer who has an excellent understanding of regulation in the public interest. You will showcase great leadership qualities, fostering a supportive and mentoring role to members of the dental team. Communication and strong interpersonal skills will be professional and collaborative as you manage and engage key stakeholders internally and externally in this role. As an individual, your ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across internal and external stakeholders will be key. You embody our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Achievement.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as regulation, public health, policy, government administration or other relevant degree.
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of how governments regulate in the public interest through risk-based approaches.
- Adaptability and receptiveness to new ideas and ways of working; cooperating successfully with others in the pursuit of team goals, respond and adjusting easily to changing work demands and circumstances.
- Sound research, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills and capacity to provide robust advice to support decision-making
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate and influence others, manage consultation processes and relate to a wide range of clients or stakeholders.
- A persuasive public speaker with the ability to represent Ahpra and the National Board externally at forums and meetings.
- Organisational and cultural awareness, with an outstanding track record of building constructive and respectful relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level collaboration skills, with the ability to drive efforts across professions and to coach and develop others.
- High levels of professionalism and probity, preparedness to engage responsibly with risk, sound judgement, courage, resilience and a high level of self-awareness.
- Resilient, solution focused and able to reconcile multiple perspectives
You can read more in the attached role description: Executive Officer (RD Final) - Dental.pdf
What we offer:
- Work/life balance with the flexibility to work both in the office (40%) and at home (60%)– the best of both worlds
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Sophisticated open plan work spaces in a central location
- Attractive salary of $145,868 per annum plus Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application. Email applications will not be accepted.
- Your application must include a cover letter, current resume and maximum 2 page document addressing the selection criteria above (see ‘As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following’, address each point).
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Kirsti Hibberd i on 03 8708 9187 or Recruitment team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 2 October 2022 2022 11:59pm
Please note applications will be screened and shortlisted during the advertising period. Should we receive suitable candidates advertising period will cease.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, Ahpra is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing during this time, the employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continued connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
With respect, no agencies please.