Desktop Support Analyst
Job no: V12939
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Categories: Service/Help Desk
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for second level of support for Ahpra’s Business Services / IT range of Services as outlined in our services catalogue to all Ahpra Staff, Executive and Board members. This role will be the escalation point for service desk analyst and become a conduit between service desk and other teams in the IT Directorate. The role is also expected to provide first level support when required.
In this role you will:
- Ensuring customers are well communicated during Major incidents and taking ownership of activities in the Service Desk/Desktop space for Incident resolution
- Owns and maintains the Known Error Database and takes ownership of issues impacting services (in service desk space) to ensure a suitable solution is identified and implemented.
- Work to specified Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to deliver consistent customer experiences
- Manage and finalise all service desk requests via channels including phone, service portal or in person. Provide both first level support and second level desktop support
- Install, maintain, test, analyse and provide resolution for all local and remote hardware and software elements, including but not limited to PCs, desk phones, mobile phones, tablet devices, laptops, printers, and peripherals
- Maintain an up to date fleet management in the tracking of Ahpra ICT assets including inventory, warranty, license information in the asset management system
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferred or equivalent experience in required areas of expertise
- ITIL certification highly desirable/ Windows administration certifications highly desirable
- Demonstrable base of expertise across the required discipline(s) including: Desktop Support, customer service, ITIL
- Previous experience in IT Operations
- Experience of working, and working with multi-skilled team across a range of technical disciplines
- Experience of working in a regulatory or compliance-focused environment
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- Great work/life balance and flexible working
- Attractive salary of $82,570 per annum plus Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Megan Symons on or email email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on 8 December 2022
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend