Senior Test Analyst
Job no: V13124
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered
About the Role
This position is primarily responsible for developing, creating and evolving the testing strategies, frameworks and outcomes for cloud based information technology environment. The role is also responsible for all automated testing outcomes to provide understanding and reporting on quality and risk on a release basis. This hands-on position requires competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and delivering in a dynamic environment. Success in this role derives from:
In this role you will:
- Ensuring that every test effort is effectively planned, monitored and executed and the core activities required by the testing framework are completed in a structured and consistent manner
- Validating that the solutions meet quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements
- Undertake testing activities to support development, fail and fix, enhancements and maintenance for both in-house development and external vendor-based development across Ahpra’s application portfolio
- Provide advice and recommendations and coach Test Analysts; providing expert input as support
- Test activities include development of test plans, test scenarios, reporting of test artefact and outcomes
- Provide test effort estimates for software lifecycle planning and release cycle
- Undertake regression and performance of testing on functionality of software
- Implementing and participating in walk through of software
- Managing test requirements and establishing traceability
- Matching the test process to the type of project or underlying platform
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 7 years experience in similar role such as senior test engineer or senior automation engineer
- Hands on experience of developing testing frameworks at API level with knowledge of more than one prevalent automation tool
- Experience of delivering automation for testing, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies
- Familiarity with web, mobile and desktop technologies
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
You can review the role descriptor here: Senior Test Analyst (CL6) - Mar 23.pdf
What we offer:
- Work/life balance with the flexibility to work both in the office and at home (50/50 split) – the best of both worlds
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- Discounted health insurance and discounted gym memberships
- Open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive salary of $107,713 per annum plus superannuation.
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in this position description.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm Sunday 2 April 2023
Please note applications will be screened and shortlisted during the advertising period. Should we receive suitable candidates during this time, the advertising period will cease.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continued connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
With respect, no agencies please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend