Clinical Advisor, Medicine - Merit Pool
Job no: 494388
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Any - Any location
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Clinical Input team is responsible for providing our regulatory staff with profession-specific clinical input in line with Ahpra’s risk-based approach to managing notifications, compliance and registration matters. For this role, we are seeking advisors in the Medical team.
We are seeking expression of interest to join our Employment Merit Pool for future vacancies.
You will have recent experience in a variety of practice settings and unrestricted registration as a medical practitioner.
You embody our values of Service, Collaboration and Achievement enabling you to build trust with and influence key stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Currently holds general registration without restrictions as a health practitioner in Australia, in the medical profession.
- Held general registration for a minimum of five years.
- Demonstrated senior experience in professional practice, including advanced clinical decision making, training and supervision, and management/oversight of health practitioners in a clinical setting.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage tasks and deadlines to deliver quality clinical input in a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and resolve issues independently, consistent with organisational objectives and delegations of authority.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills and a demonstrable ability to identify critical issues and provide high level, authoritative strategic advice.
Role Description: ClinicalAdvisor_Medicine_RD.pdf
- Align the clinical and professional context for Medicine and its relevance to the regulatory context.
- Assess risk in new notifications
- Review responses from practitioners
- Assist regulatory operation’s staff to understand and interpret clinical material.
- Provide clinical input to our regulatory operations staff on the management of cases
- Provide feedback to inform the ongoing relevance and improvement of standards, codes, guidelines and other activity of the National Medical Board profession.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance with genuine flexibility
- Open plan work spaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive salary of $116,208 per annum plus Superannuation
- Reimbursement of Annual Registration Fee’s (conditions apply)
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and brief covering letter addressing your suitability for the position.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend