Regulatory Advisor, Notifications
Job no: 494513
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
A Notification is a complaint or concern regarding the health, conduct or performance of a health practitioner or student who is registered with a National Board. The notification process is one of two major regulatory functions of the National Boards, the other being the registration of practitioners. The Notifications Division within Ahpra is responsible for the assessment and management of concerns raised about registered health practitioners across 16 health professions.
A Regulatory Advisor, Notifications (Case Manager/Investigator) works as a member of a national team to assess and manage concerns raised by members of the public, government entities, other health practitioners and employers.
It is a role that requires exceptional case management skills, a passion for working with the public and a drive to work collaboratively within a team-based environment.
Due to significant growth, we are currently recruiting multiple Full Time 12 Month Fixed Term positions in our Perth Office
In this role you will:
- Plan and conduct assessments and investigations into notifications concerning health professionals’ impairment, performance or conduct under the National Law
- Request, obtain and analyse relevant information relating to the notification and if required, interview key witnesses and third parties
- Document evidence and preparing high quality reports and recommendations in accordance with the National Law, incorporating findings for consideration by the relevant Board or committee
- Effectively maintain confidential records and filing systems
- Contribute to the development, review and continuous improvement of procedures related to the management and reporting of notifications
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (for example legal, health, criminology, policy, regulation)
- Previous experience in the conduct of professional standards investigations, regulation, or case management in a sensitive and complex environment
- Ability to apply legislation, policies and procedures in a regulatory environment
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and conceptual skills together with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and resolve issues independently in a sensitive and complex environment
- Strong written communication skills including experience in writing reports and recommendations, and preparing correspondence for various stakeholders.
- communication skills including experience in writing reports and recommendations, preparing correspondence and agenda items
Role Description: Role Description - Level 6 - Regulatory Advisor - Notifications (all).pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Central location and sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive salary of $102,025 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Qualifications & Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend