Job no: V11801
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Collections Officer is responsible for the introduction and successful operation of the Ahpra Debt Management framework, incorporating efficient follow up of customers through the effective management of arrears position for overdue invoices.
This is a newly created role at Ahpra – a rare opportunity to build a role and put your mark on it. Success for you in this role will rely on the ability to be a strong communicator who can liaise with various and complex stakeholders both internally and externally and possess a strong understanding of the debt recovery.
This isn’t a typical debt recovery role – you will be working with legal, executive and accounts teams to work on aged matters and determine reasonable actions. You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment where mitigating risk is a key driver.
You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement which in turn builds on the trust and credibility you will develop with key stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Leading the implementation of Ahpra’s debt management policy’s and processes, and the ongoing identification of improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Develop and implement adequate record keeping and reporting to support organisation in debt collection activity.
- Providing guidance to senior leaders and managers in other business units as the main contact point for debt management in Ahpra
- Support the Financial Control and Procurement stream in maintaining records of outstanding debtors; make arrangements for follow-up, negotiation of payment plans and recommendations on potential bad debts or emerging issues.
- Analyse aged debt and meet with Finance and Legal managers to present recommendations for potential legal action
You can read more about the role and requirements in the attached role description: Collections Officer (RD Final).pdf
What we offer:
- Work/life balance with the flexibility to work both in the office and at home (60/40 split) – the best of both worlds
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive salary of $70,196 per annum plus Superannuation (with an increase in July)
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume. A cover letter is not required as there will be several questions to respond to as part of the application process
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact us via email on email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Monday 21 June 2021
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend