Project Officer (Accreditation Risk Framework)
Job no: V11818M
Work type: Fixed Term Part Time
Location: Any - Any location, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Manager, Program Accreditation, the Project Officer will lead the development of strategy, policy, systems, processes and resources to effectively support delivery of an Accreditation Risk Framework for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice, Chinese Medicine, Medical Radiation Practice, Paramedicine and Podiatry Accreditation Committees (the Committees) – the Accreditation Risk Framework project.
The Project Officer will work closely with the Committees, the project team, the project reference group and the Ahpra Program Accreditation Team to ensure the key deliverables of the Accreditation Risk Framework project are delivered in accordance with the project plan.
Please Note: This is a Part Time, Fixed Term position for 9 Months.
In this role you will:
- Develop, confirm and implement a detailed work plan for the development of strategy, policy, systems, processes and resources to effectively deliver the Accreditation Risk Framework consistent with the approved project plan.
- Actively monitor project progress and foresee/identify potential problems and risks affecting implementation of the work plan and proactively identify solutions to address and manage them.
- Work with the project reference group, the Committees, and subject matter experts to analyse requirements and provide recommendations to deliver the requirements of the project.
- Proactively consult with relevant internal stakeholders to obtain information to inform development, implementation and review of relevant elements of the Accreditation Risk Framework.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with key stakeholders on project activities, milestones and progress, including contributing to updates to the Committees, the project reference group, the project team, and the relevant National Boards.
- Contribute to the development and provision of timely and accurate advice to internal stakeholders about the Accreditation Risk Framework project as required.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential
- A post-graduate qualification in risk assessment and/or management would be beneficial
- A proven track record of project work at a senior level and achievement in hands on management of high stakes projects that achieve all milestones and meet financial and resource budgets within tight timelines.
- Proven effective communication and ability to influence, make timely and effective decisions, escalate issues when needed and communicate across all levels of a large organisation.
- Sound leadership skills including the ability to deliver outcomes by motivating and facilitating individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for achieving goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Role Description: Project Officer - Accreditation Risk Framework (RD Final).pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private and discounted gym memberships
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive base salary of $104,576 per annum (Pro Rata)
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and a cover letter addressing the following items:
- Outline how you will approach this role in the first 60 days to ensure the success of the project.
- Outline the SPECIFIC skills, knowledge and experience you will bring that will enable you to perform the role effectively.
- Provide a recent example of how you have worked collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve a goal and briefly explain what worked well, what didn’t work well and why.
- What three words would your colleagues use to describe you and your work, and why those three words?
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Simon Spence, Manager Program Accreditation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend