Regulatory Advisor, Notifications
Job no: 495038
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. We support safe, professional practice and behaviour by Australia’s 800,000+ registered health practitioners.
When someone has a concern about a registered health practitioner, they can choose to raise this with us. This is called making a notification. In our Notifications function, our teams of Regulatory Advisors work nationally to review and assess each notification that is raised with us.
Regulatory Advisors, Notifications gather information and undertake risk assessments about practitioners who have a notification made about them. They provide the connection between notifiers, practitioners, other witnesses or information holders and National Boards.
We have four key streams in our Notifications function. Our Regulatory Advisors work to a common role descriptor, assigned to one of four streams at a time. Work in each stream contributes to the delivery of quality, timely and risk-based notifications management underpinned by a culture of performance and achievement.
Our four key work streams are:
|Intake and Assessment
responsible for the receipt, assessment and early management of notifications about conduct, health or performance of registered health practitioners.
responsible for conducting investigations into notifications regarding health practitioners ranging in degrees of risk and complexity
responsible for the development of management strategies and decision making aligned to contemporary community standards where boundary transgressions are alleged.
responsible for recommending interim risk controls in serious risk or public interest cases
Your application will be considered for all areas.
Regulatory Advisors engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, including patients, members of the public, government entities, other health practitioners and employers. They require exceptional problem solving and case management skills, a passion for working with the public and a drive to work efficiently and collaboratively within a team-based environment.
We continuously seek applicants to join our Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin based teams. Applications are accepted for live vacancies or for expressions of interest to be placed on Ahpra’s merit list for future vacancies.
In this role you will:
- Engage positively and with purpose with notifiers, practitioners and third parties utilising exceptional client service skills and communication.
- Use your understanding of patient safety principals and Ahpra’s risk assessment and controls approach to plan and conduct assessments and investigations into notifications concerning health practitioners’ impairment, performance or conduct.
- Request, obtain and analyse relevant information relating to the notification and if required, interview key witnesses and third parties
- Document findings and prepare high quality, written reports and recommendations for decision makers in accordance with the National Law
- Be confident discussing your investigations and reports with senior staff and decision makers
- Adhere to record management requirements to maintain Ahpra’s database and ensure confidentiality and respect in relation to personal information about the individuals involved in our notification processes
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities in the management and reporting of notifications.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification in a field with relevance to health practice, regulation, investigations, risk assessment or law
- Previous experience managing professional standards or health care related investigations in a sensitive and complex environment
- Ability to understand legislation and apply policies and procedures
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and conceptual skills together with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and resolve issues independently in a sensitive and complex environment
- Strong written communication skills including experience in writing reports, recommendations, preparing correspondence and agenda items for various stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to listen, show empathy, communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Role Description: RegulatoryAdvisor,Notifications_RoleDescription_062021.pdf
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging work with a strong public safety purpose
- A supportive and flexible working culture that supports you in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Central office locations and with modern, open plan workspaces
- Attractive salary of $104, 576 per annum plus 10% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Qualifications & Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on Sunday 8th August 2021
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Offers of employment are subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend