Job no: V12126
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Strategy & Policy
Ahpra works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Ahpra Research and Evaluation team, which sits within the Strategy and Policy Directorate, reflects Ahpra’s investment in enhanced evaluation and research projects and provides expert research and evaluation skills, advice, and support to ensure high quality evaluation and research work throughout the organisation.
The Data Scientist works within the Research and Evaluation team to establish and support the early features of an Advanced Analytics function, initially in a research context. This role will collaborate closely with the business intelligence and data teams within Ahpra. This hands-on role involves developing and maintaining analytics capability that support Ahpra to use regulatory data to optimize decisions and meet business goals effectively.
The Data Scientist works with the Research and Evaluation team along with the Data Team and other colleagues to design, develop and test various models and work using a range of tools and programming languages. The Data Scientists must be a strong communicator on technical topics for non-technical colleagues and partner with colleagues to assure the successful deployment of in-house solution. The Data Scientist will explore how analytics can support regulatory decision-making in the public interest to facilitate access to safer health care.
In this role you will:
- Work with analytics tools and/or write clean, well-structured SQL, R and/or Python code to access and process sensitive health and regulatory data for advanced analytics to facilitate the ongoing development of improved regulatory policy and support decision making
- Devise techniques and frameworks that effectively deidentify data for research, analysis and development purposes
- Pre-process data and apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques that optimise the accuracy of predictions, review/refactor and version control model code as required
- Design experiments to test the application of advanced analytics and machine learning techniques in health regulation, test hypotheses, analyse results and communicate findings to senior staff and key stakeholders
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop analytics proof of concept projects that support their business needs and help identify areas for improvement / further analysis
- Partner with others to support the development of platforms to host the output of data products to key stakeholders (including authentication protocols, administrative and security needs)
Role Description Data Scientist - Role Descriptor.docx
As the ideal candidate you will demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification in statistics, mathematics, data analysis, data science, or a degree with a strong focus on research methods and data analysis, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience in experimental design and research methodologies for advanced analytics.
- Demonstrated experience accessing and processing data using a range of tools.
- Advanced skills in relevant programming languages such as Python and/or R for the development of internal and external stakeholder data outputs and dashboards.
- Advanced skills to develop enterprise-ready dashboards using open-source frameworks and Microsoft products and services, such as Power BI, SQL Server, Azure, R and Python
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance and flexible working
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $104,576 plus superannuation
- Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application and view the Position Description
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your experience with Data Management and Analysis and Partnership Engagements listed under key accountabilities of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on 5th Dec
- For further information or enquiries please contact, Sarah Anderson email@example.com or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend