Regulatory Officer - Registration (International)
Job no: 495355
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Ongoing Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
About the Role
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration Team Leader, the Regulatory Officer – Registration will be responsible for the case management of applications for registration and renewal of registration. The role is positioned in the International Stream delivering efficient and accurate assessment and processing of applications, and other related documents, including active management of compliance with inherent restrictions where required.
Some duties of the role are as outlined below:
- Delivery of customer focused efficient, accurate assessing and processing of applications and other documents for registration of health practitioners
- Analysis of data or policy, prepare relevant correspondence, agenda papers, reports, and recommendations about registration matters
- Assess and case manage applications for registration in a manner that is consistent with the National Law and agreed national policies, processes, procedures, and relevant Board’s professional registration standards within KPI’s.
- Prepare correspondence for our key stakeholders (Internal and External)
We are currently recruiting to both ongoing and fixed term roles but continuously seek applicants to join our Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth based Registration teams. Applications are also accepted for expressions of interest to be placed on Ahpra’s merit list for future vacancies.
Please note: The roles we are currently seeking to recruit to are Full Time (37.5 hours per week) in nature. At this stage, we are unable to offer part time opportunities.
You will be an experienced and organised professional with exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal - with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You pride yourself on your exceptional attention to detail. and demonstrate excellent time management skills plus the ability to prioritise workload in response to time critical targets..
You are a committed team player with a strong team and customer focus and you embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in a range of applications including Microsoft Office and experience using electronic databases
- An ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Report (agenda) writing and conceptual & analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve, analyse and interpret information within established procedures.
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to deliver outcomes and objectives
You can read more in the attached role description: Role Description Regulatory Officer Registration L3.pdf
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging work with a strong public safety purpose
- A supportive and flexible working culture that supports you in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Central office locations and with modern, open plan work spaces
- Attractive salary of $70,196 per annum plus superannuation
- Click to apply for this job and to submit an application
- Your application must include a current resume - a cover letter is not required as you will be asked specific questions as part of the application process.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
- Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact our recruitment team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications Close: Sunday 5 December 2021 at 11.55pm AEDST
Please note applications will be screened and shortlisted during the advertising period. Should we receive suitable candidates during this time, the advertising period will cease.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend