The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Ahpra is committed to providing a culturally safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve.
Our Customer Service team members play a critical role at Ahpra - typically, you are the first point of contact via phone or web enquiries from health practitioners or the public. You will be responsible for the delivery of customer service excellence and have a solutions focused approach to ensure this is maintained.
Multiple positions, full time, (permanent / fixed term) and based in our Sydney office, working a hybrid arrangement. Immediate start.
In this role you will:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to routine enquiries whether by phone, email or via the web made to the Ahpra Contact Centre
- Record all enquiries in Ahpra’s system according to established policies and procedures
- Manage and take responsibility for delivering high quality customer-focused services
- Forward or appropriately refer all registration and notification requests and other specific enquiries to designated teams or colleagues
- Maintain and observe contact enquiry confidentiality at all times
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a customer service or contact centre environment with the ability to interpret and relay complex information accurately and succinctly
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to deal with challenging customers and deliver a positive experience
- Professionalism, discretion, integrity, diplomacy and confidentiality are crucial to success
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
What we offer:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted private health insurance
- Salary packaging arrangements including novated leasing and self-education expenses
- Attractive base salary of $61,474 per annum
Customer Service Officer Sydney.pdf
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum two page response to the ideal candidate statements listed above
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not to reapply.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.