Information Security Analyst
Job no: BS9017
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Information Technology, Government
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 14 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for working with the Information Security Manager to monitor and audit the security operations of AHPRA using in-place IT security solutions while working to identify, investigate and resolve security incidents.
This position will operate as part of a squad and will contribute to the successful delivery of agreed AHPRA and National Board initiatives.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
• Assist in delivering AHPRA’s information security program of works that supports the delivery of key aspects of AHPRA’s FARMC’s (Financial, Audit and Risk Management Committee) ongoing risk management mitigation
• Assist in building teams capability to deliver strategic initiatives in a cost effective and delivery focused manner
• Assist in cost estimates and delivery timeframes for AHPRA strategic initiatives as required
• Provide information security advice to projects in the capacity of security SME and design solutions across wide range of business systems and IT infrastructure
• Assist in directing projects, solution designs and ongoing software development lifecycle
• Contribute to an AHPRA’s information security architecture and technology roadmap
• Ensure AHPRA systems are secured and continually improved in line with the Information Security strategy and roadmap.
• Maintain and schedule vulnerability and patch management processes to ensure patches are applied and prioritized based on vulnerability risk
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
• Academic qualification equivalent of a Bachelors or higher in Information Technology
• Security certifications from – SANS, ISACA, ISC2, CompTIA Security+ and other as appropriate – would be highly desirable
• Demonstrable base of expertise across the required discipline(s) including:
- Strong knowledge in IT security technologies, endpoint security , SOC operations, incident analysis, email / web gateway security systems, hardening of windows servers etc.
- Experience in information security management and risk management, with strong IT experience background
- Background in security architecture, supplier management and project management
• Experience of working in a regulatory or compliance-focused environment
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders
Base salary of $72,626 per annum
• Click "Apply now" to submit your application and view the Position Description
• Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
• Your application must include a resume and maximum 2 page response to the “Qualifications/Experience” selection criteria which are stated in the Position Description under the heading "Key Requirements"
• For further information or enquiries please contact Vijay Narayan on (03) 8708 9244
• Applications must be submitted by 4 pm, 23 October 2017
• As part of your application, all applicants external to AHPRA must provide evidence of Australian Working rights
BS9017 Information Security Analyst L4.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend