Legal Support Officer
Job no: V10411
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Categories: Administration, Legal
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 16 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Legal Support Officer will contribute to the day to day operations of the National Legal Practice through the delivery of superior, accurate and efficient administrative services.
Your exceptional attention to detail, proactive and positive attitude and great organisational skills will see you succeed in this role!
This is a Full Time, Fixed term contract for 12 months
In this role you will:
- Provide effective and high quality support on all administrative functions including email management, diary management and team support
- Prepare purchase orders, reconcile invoices and process within set timeframes
- Prepare, collate and copy documents, briefs, board papers and tribunal or court documents
- Generate correspondence from templates and prepare basic correspondence
- Coordinate arrangements for team meetings, including room bookings, room set-up, sending invitations and liaising with attendees
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Strong technical skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in a legal, government or regulatory environment
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including an ability to liaise with all levels of the business
- A collaborative approach with the ability to work flexibly in a “virtual” team, and autonomously
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $57,085 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Christine Hansen on 08 7071 5656
- Closing Date: 11.30pm AEST on 21 November 2018
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E 10923 Legal Administrative Officer - National Legal (NSW).pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend