Board Support Officer
Job no: V10395 - close 20/11
Work type: Fixed Term Part Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 16 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The successful candidate will work as part of a closely knit, small team providing professional, informed secretariat, governance and associated support to AHPRA Boards and Committees.
This is a part time role (0.4 FTE) , fixed term contract for six months.
While this role has some non negotiable and required hours (for example, the first Friday morning each month and the second Wednesday afternoon each month) the remaining hours each week/fortnight are flexible.
In this role you will (maximum of 6 key responsibilities / duties):
- Assist with the management of all Board and Committee communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with Board/ Committee Chairs and Executive Officers as appropriate
- Coordinate the preparations for workshops, seminars, meetings, teleconferences and videoconferences including all venue arrangements
- Coordinate the availability of all facilities and equipment as required, liaising with other departments as necessary
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience in administrative support i.e. supporting boards, committees and sub committees.
- Proficient with a range of Information Systems – particularly the Microsoft Offices Suite
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and complete a broad range of activities
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal with the ability to consult and liaise with program directors, managers, staff, and board with confidence.
- A willingness to work in a close team that adheres to the values of AHPRA
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $74,774 (pro rata) per annum or $38.17 per hour
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Anthony McEachran on 02 6195 2608
- Closing Date: 11.30pm Tuesday on 20 November 2018
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E10040 -Board Services Officer - L4 - ACT NOV18.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend