Research and Policy Coordinator
Job no: V10483 - Closing 14/12
Work type: Ongoing Part Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 16 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Research and Policy Coordinator will play a key role in coordinating the delivery of high value research and evaluation projects that support policy and decision making in the regulation of Australian health professionals registered under the National Scheme. With the support by the Manager, Research and Evaluation, they will be responsible for leading and providing oversight for the coordination and timely delivery of research and evaluation projects for a small technical team.
The role involves fostering positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including technical and policy staff, business analysts and researchers to develop and implement procedures and processes to allow for efficient workflows.
Candidates may be contacted during the advertising period. Interviews will be held in December and January with a negotiable start date in January or February, depending on the successful candidate’s preference.
In this role you will:
- Provide a secretariat function to the AHPRA Research Evaluation Committee (REC) including the development of high quality meeting papers, contributing to the development of submissions and developing meeting records
- Support the development of research and evaluation project design, including sampling, questionnaire development, quality assurance, and the production of analytical outputs as required.
- Develop and review data governance procedures including the development of Deeds of Agreement and Privacy Impact Assessments
- Take the lead in the preparation and development of high quality and complex, reports and briefing papers for submission to relevant National Scheme decision-making bodies, including National Boards, the Agency Management Committee and the AHPRA National Executives
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in writing and editing policy documents, reports, briefs and papers on complex matters using clear and concise language
- Demonstrated experience in developing or adhering to data governance procedures including knowledge of relevant privacy policies, preferably in a health context.
- Well-developed analytical skills, with experience in either quantitative or qualitative data analysis and an understanding of interpreting and translating data
- Strong experience working within a complex and service orientated environment with experience in understanding, interpreting and applying relevant standards and policies.
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to exercise judgment and resolve issues independently
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5 star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $97,109 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a maximum two page cover letter responding to the required qualifications/experience as listed in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Eva Saar on 03 8708 9052
- Closing Date: 11.30pm, Friday 14 December 2018
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E11243 - Research and Policy Coordinator.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend