Senior Legal Advisor
Job no: V10705 - close 26/05
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to AHPRA’s Executive Director, Business Services and Corporate Counsel, you will take a leading role in providing independent and pragmatic legal advice on a range of matters including information and communications technology (ICT) contracts, data sharing agreements and privacy and administrative law matters.
Full time, one year contract based in our National Office in Melbourne.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal advice regarding ICT contracts, facilities management and leasing, research and data sharing agreements, copyright, trademarks and logos.
- Supporting AHPRA and the National Boards to manage legal, policy and procedural issues, particularly in relation to the administration of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 as enacted in each State and Territory.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with AHPRA’s information management framework underpinned by corporate strategies, policies and standards as required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including providing advice on Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Monitoring corporate governance and legislative compliance obligations and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assisting in the management of public interest disclosures under relevant State and Territory laws.
As the ideal candidate, you will have
- 5 + years post qualification experience in commercial law ;
- procurement and contract management advice
- privacy law and information/data governance including managing data breaches
- preparing and advising on delegations in a regulatory environment
- managing public interest disclosures
- legislative compliance testing
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across a large organization.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $127,677 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Megan Taylor on (08) 7071 5578 or email email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Sunday 26 May 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E11331 Senior Legal Advisor.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend