Senior Regulatory Officer - Registration
Job no: V10776 - close 21/07
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration (Team Leader), the Senior Regulatory Officer – Registration will, with a focus on AHPRA’s values, deliver high performance, assess and process high-risk and complex applications for registration accurately and promptly, and in a manner that is consistent with the Regulatory Principles for the National Scheme, the National Law, registration standards, guidelines, and national organisational policies and procedures.
In this role you will:
- Deliver customer focused efficient, accurate assessing and processing of applications and other documents for registration of health practitioners consistent with current legislation, established policy, procedures and the delegated authority of the Board.
- Actively coordinate the day-to-day case management of applications for registration within a team and process complex applications that is consistent with agreed policies, processes, procedures, relevant Board’s professional registration standards within KPI’s timeframes.
- Assist with the monitoring and management of all cases including liaison on a case by case basis with other functions about matters as required.
- Contribute to the identification of issues with legislation, policy, procedures, practices and processes relating to the registration of health practitioners.
- Assess and approve applications for registration and renewal in accordance with the delegated responsibilities of the National Boards and AHPRA.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex regulatory and service orientated environment with experience in understanding, interpreting and applying legislation and relevant registration standards and policies.
- Highly developed and effective written, oral and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability in policy and procedure development; writing accurate and concise reports, presenting information, coordinating forums and workshops, and the ability to manage difficult clients and stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively use written resources to find relevant information.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines and deliver quality accurate work, in a dynamic organisation.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $85,011 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and maximum 2 page response to the ‘Ideal candidate' criteria above.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Melanie Faure on 08 6141 6013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Sunday 21 July 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E11138 Senior Regulatory Officer Registration L5.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend