Senior Policy and Project Officer
Job no: V10837 - close 13/12
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a team, to support the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and its Committees in their regulatory role, policy and standards development by researching and developing registration standards, professional codes, standards, guidelines and policy which meet the National Board’s requirements, and undertaking appropriate internal and external stakeholder consultation as required. A key focus of the role is to oversee the National Board’s project portfolio to ensure that the project deliverables are completed on time and within budget. This requires the coordination of internal and external resources relevant to the National Board project portfolio. The Senior Project and Policy Officer provides oversight to the Project and Policy Administration Officer.
Please note this role will be interviewed for in January 2020.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Policy Manager, Nursing & Midwifery and Executive Officer, Nursing and Midwifery, AHPRA peers, and the State and Territory Offices to achieve the collective NMBA work plan
- Manage a specific portfolio of activity.
- Ensure the Board and Committee agreed work plan for a designated portfolio within Nursing & Midwifery is delivered
- Proactively consult with relevant internal and external stakeholders to obtain relevant contemporary information to inform policy development and / or to gain an indication of the likely impact of proposed policies, standards or guidelines
- Develop reports and briefings for key internal stakeholders including AHPRA Agency Management Committee and the National Executive for review and approval by the EO or Policy Manager.
- Undertake research in order to assist the Policy Manager, Nursing & Midwifery and Executive Officer, Nursing & Midwifery to provide advice to the National Board regarding project and professional matters
- Provide specialist advice to internal and external stakeholders in Australia in relation to registration standards, professional codes, standards, guidelines and policy
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification as a nurse and/or midwife
- Experience in development of policy advice, ideally relating to health practitioner regulation
- Skills and expertise to oversight and manage a portfolio of work to ensure the delivery on time and budget, and in accordance with AHPRA standards
- An understanding of how governments regulate in the public interest, consultation processes and probity issues
- Sophisticated oral and written communication skills
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $113,337 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Your application must include a resume and a max 2-page cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the key requirements in the position description.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 11.30pm on Friday 13 December 2019
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
AHPRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
E10476 Senior Policy and Project Officer Nursing and Midwifery (1).pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend