Clinical Advisor (Occupational Therapy)
Job no: 494562
Work type: Contractor
Location: Any - Any location
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The Clinical Advisor will contribute to a risk-based approach to the management of matters by providing regulatory operations staff with clinical input into notification, compliance and registration matters.
Role duties include: providing clinical input to regulatory operations staff on the management of cases, reviewing briefing information sent to external parties, reviewing responses from practitioners and assisting regulatory operation’s staff to understand and interpret clinical material.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced practitioners from across the Occupational Therapy profession to provide contracting services.
In this role you will:
- Provide accurate and timely clinical input in to the assessment and management of notifications (complaints), compliance and registration matters
- Assist in the identification of performance-based issues
- Advise on the application and monitoring of regulatory action imposed on an occupational therapist’s registration
- Contribute to the delivery of a professional, proactive, accurate, efficient, confidential and customer focused service
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary Occupational Therapy qualification.
- Currently holds general registration without restrictions as a health practitioner in Australia, in the Occupational Therapy profession and has held general registration for a minimum of five years.
- Demonstrated senior experience in professional practice, including advanced clinical decision making, training and supervision, and management/oversight of health practitioners in a clinical setting.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage tasks and deadlines to deliver quality clinical input in a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and resolve issues independently, consistent with organisational objectives and delegations of authority.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills and a demonstrable ability to identify critical issues and provide high level, authoritative strategic advice.
Scope of Work: Scope of Work _ Occupational Therapy.pdf
To submit your interest:
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your interest
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a resume (including referees) and a two-page maximum, cover letter, addressing the Qualifications and Experience detailed in the Scope of Work.
- Advertising closes Sunday 9th May 2021
- For further information or enquiries please contact Dr Ben Keith on 03 8708 9113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend