Senior Research Officer
Job no: V12147
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne
Categories: Strategy & Policy
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health practitioners. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
As a key member of the Research and Evaluation Team (RET), the Senior Research Officer will play a role in leading the delivery of high value research and evaluation projects that support policy and decision making in the regulation of Australian health practitioners registered under the National Scheme. Working within the Ahpra RET the successful applicant will demonstrate strong research skills and take a lead in developing a contemporary regulatory research program, comprising the identification, development, execution and translation of insight-generating initiatives (e.g. research, statistical analysis, data mining and surveys) to drive policy and business decision-making.
You have strong experience with either quantitative or with qualitative research methods and principles. In addition to your technical expertise, you can lead research projects across the 16 regulated health professions to completion while working with a range of key stakeholders to identify high priority areas for analysis.
One of the keys to your success is the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including research partners to assure all research projects meet stakeholder needs and are ready to be translated into practical applications that support regulatory effectiveness and keep the public safe. You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement which in turn builds on the trust and credibility you will develop with key stakeholders
This is an ongoing full time role available in our Melbourne or Adelaide offices. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted during the advertising period.
We are also open to part time and job share arrangements.
In this role you will:
- Develop a contemporary regulatory research program, comprising the identification, development, execution and translation of insight-generating initiatives to drive policy development and business decision-making
- Provide leadership developing, conducting and completing research projects and work closely with key stakeholders to facilitate the ongoing development of improved regulatory policy and decision making
- Deliver end-to-end project management from scoping of requirements through to delivery of analysis, findings, and recommendations including the preparation of complex reports for the National Director and National Executive
- Interrogate administrative databases to identify and explore factors associated with risks to the public
You can read more in the attached position description: Senior Research Officer (RD Final) - Oct 21.pdf
You will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in public health, statistics, data science, or a degree with a strong focus on research methods and data analysis, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading research projects from conception to dissemination stage, ideally within a non-academic setting
- An ability to build constructive and respectful relationships with stakeholders, including the ability to work collaboratively within a team
- High level of professionalism and probity, preparedness to engage responsibly with risk, sound judgement, courage, resilience and a high level of self-awareness
- Can-do attitude with commitment to the task at hand, solve problems creatively and dedicated to service excellence
What we offer:
- A supportive and flexible working culture that supports you in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments
- Hybrid work environment - blend of office and work from home means the best of both worlds
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Central office locations and with modern, open plan work spaces
- Attractive salary of $104,576 per annum plus 10% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm AEDST on Wednesday 8th December 2021
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers of employment are subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend