The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. We support safe, professional practice and behaviour by Australia’s 800,000+ registered health practitioners.
About the role
In this newly created role, the Learning & Development Manager is responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of innovative, creative, and high-impact learning and capability strategies, which drive business performance and support the achievement of Ahpra’s strategic programs and objectives.
The role actively brokers, creatively designs, and implements effective learning and development strategies and plans to educate, engage and enhance the performance of teams across the National Scheme, including Ahpra staff, Board, and Committee members.
You can read more in the attached role description: RD - Learning Development Manager (final).pdf
This is a senior management and leadership role with significant enterprise wide impact. Your ability to build collaborative and sustained diverse stakeholder partnerships and engage them in the service and operating model change journey are key success factors in the role.
Leading a team of learning professionals, you will also be responsible for building capability across the L&D function, drawing on expertise from both the Organisational Capability and Employee Services functions within the directorate and support an evidence based decision making framework for key business leaders.
As part of the Organisational Capability leadership team, you will also be accountable for contributing to the development and delivery of a 5-year people strategy and ensuring business outcomes are aligned to the People Plan with input and ownership of key programs to support the achievement of the People and Culture delivery plan.
As an individual, you are pragmatic and your ability to coach and mentor your team to be seen as trusted advisors within the business and as a team actively seek out opportunities for improvement and be a key driver for positive change. You embody our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Achievement which in turn builds on the trust and credibility you will develop with key stakeholders.
What we offer:
- A supportive and flexible working culture that supports you in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments
- Hybrid work environment - blend of office and work from home means the best of both worlds
- Occasional travel interstate
- Discounts on Medibank Private Health Insurance and selected gym memberships
- Central office locations and with modern, open plan work spaces
- Attractive salary of $137,495 per annum plus 10% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the 'Experience" section of the Role Description (2 page maximum)
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm AEDST on Sunday 28 November 2021
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Offers of employment are subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.