Pharmacy Board of Australia Oral Examination (Practice) – Registered Pharmacist Examiner
Job no: 496930
Work type: Contractor
Location: Any - Any location
Categories: Clinical Input / Advice
The National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (the National Scheme) regulates more than 740,000 registered health practitioners and over 180,000 registered students across 16 health professions.
The Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) is calling for applications for appointment to the List of Examiners for the Pharmacy Board of Australia Oral Examination (Practice).
Pharmacy examiners play a vital role in the process of delivering a reliable and fair assessment process.
Examiners will utilise their professional knowledge of the nature and culture of the profession in order to test candidate knowledge and proficiency in an exam setting.
Essential examiner skills and eligibility criteria
The Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) is seeking applications from people who have:
- Current, unrestricted pharmacy registration with PBA
- Pharmacy practice experience &/or pharmacy practice supervision experience, within Australia for a minimum of three (3), or more, years with demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply pharmacy standards, codes and guidelines
- Current pharmacy practice &/or pharmacy practice supervision role
- Ability to attend examinations that will be held either online or in state and territory capital cities
- Sound understanding of the National Competency Standards for Pharmacist in Australia, 2016 and an ability to interpret the competency requirement level for entry level requirements for a pharmacist
The following examiner skills are desirable, however not mandatory:
- Relevant experience in a training and/or education environment e.g., training and supervision, and management/oversight of health practitioners in a clinical or educational setting
Registered pharmacists who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are warmly invited to apply.
Exams are routinely scheduled throughout the year, subject to facility availability and are held either online or in State and Territory Capitals.
Applications will be assessed by the Registration and Examinations Committee of the Pharmacy Board of Australia (REC). Examiners will be invited to attend exams on a needs by basis/roster and examiner appointments will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Examiners will be remunerated for their time on a daily rate (8.5 hours) of $452.20.
More information about the role, eligibility requirements and the application process can be found in the Position description: Pharmacy Examiner Position Description.pdf
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume - a cover letter is not required as you will be asked to respond to criteria as part of your inline application.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Closing Date: 11.30pm AEST 14 August 2022
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Ahpra requires compliance with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend