Regulatory Officer - Registration
Job no: 497414
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Ongoing Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Regulatory Advisor – Registration Team Leader, the Regulatory Officer – Registration will be responsible for the case management of applications for registration and renewal of registration. The roles are positioned in the Case Management and International streams where you will accurately assess and process applications. No day is the same, you will work across multiple professionals and varied applications that will have complexity due to adverse disclosures or restrictions. This role will engage with various stakeholders within the organisation, Board members, and Health Practitioners.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
We have a number of fixed term and ongoing positions to fill and continuously seek applicants to join our Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, and Perth based teams across all streams. Applications are accepted for expressions of interest to be placed on Ahpra’s merit list for future vacancies.
In this role you will:
- Deliver customer focused efficient, accurate assessing and processing of applications and other documents for registration of health practitioners
- Assess and case manage applications for registration within KPI’s timeframes.
- Prepare correspondence for our key stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Respond quickly and professionally to new and changing situations in a fast paced environment
- Provide accurate and timely general administrative assistance, including data entry, scanning, photocopying and filing
- Be proactive and take initiative to respond to administrative needs
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
You will have exceptional organisational and problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines will be key to your success. Your ability to develop and maintain strong, supportive working relationships within your immediate and wider team along with exemplary written skills will are critical.
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in a range of applications including Microsoft Office and experience using electronic databases
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to deliver outcomes and objectives
You can read more in the attached role description: Role Description Regulatory Officer Registration L3.pdf
What we offer:
- Work/life balance with the flexibility to work both in the office and at home – the best of both worlds
- Discounted Private Health or Corporate Private Health arrangements and discounted gym memberships
- Attractive salary of $72,302 per annum plus Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a current resume. A cover letter is not required as we will ask several questions specific to the role as part of the application process.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For further information or enquiries please contact email@example.com
- Applications close 11:30pm AEDT on Sunday 26 March 2023
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, Ahpra is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continued connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend