Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Worker, Notifications
Job no: V13456M
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth, Sydney, Any - Any location
Ahpra considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position. This position is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants in accordance with relevant Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation.
Ahpra's overall purpose is to protect the public by regulating health practitioners efficiently and effectively in the public interest to facilitate access to safer healthcare for all the community. Ahpra and the National Scheme, in partnership with the National Scheme's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Strategy Group (the Strategy Group) have committed to eliminating racism within healthcare in Australia.
Ahpra, as the health practitioner regulator, aims to make patient safety the norm for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples by ensuring registered health practitioners are practising their profession in a culturally safe way.
The Notifications Division within Ahpra is responsible for the assessment and management of concerns raised about registered health practitioners. You’ll be in an exciting, newly created, front-line role established as part of Ahpra’s Culturally Safe Notifications Process initiatives and will play a key role in facilitating a culturally safe notifications process.
These roles will be supported in our Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Sydney and Perth offices in a full time, ongoing capacity.
The responsibilities undertaken by the Social Workers include:
- Working cooperatively with notifications and compliance and monitoring staff fand other relevant stakeholders to ensure a high standard of service and support to notifiers, practitioners and witnesses who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Providing assistance, information and referrals to individuals identified as being eligible for the service. The focus will be limited to those matters that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, including notifiers, witnesses, or practitioners
- Contribute to building a healthy, respectful team culture within the notification and compliance teams, and other units they engage with.
Success in this role derives from:
- the ability to interact with diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- your strong connection to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, communities and culture and working, knowing and living as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary degree qualification in Social Work is essential
- Extensive case management experience that includes providing culturally safe assistance, support, information and referral to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities or witnesses in long running and emotionally fraught legal cases, or complaints processes
- Possesses a thorough understanding, demonstration of, and strong respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and cultural safety
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to liaise with and provide advice to staff, senior management, and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Flexible 3 days working from home with 2 days in the office.
- Access to an Indigenous Employee Assistance Program.
- Support and access to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff network.
- Access to a formal mentoring program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff.
- Cultural leave entitlements, as part of the Ahpra Enterprise Agreement.
- Attractive salary of $110,945 per annum plus superannuation.
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend