Job no: V12150
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Fixed Term Part Time
Location: Brisbane, Hobart, Melbourne
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) is seeking a two Communications Advisors to provide excellent communications and engagement advice.
Ahpra works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
This is a role for a national organisation, sitting in a high-performing team with a supportive culture. The Communications advisers support, lead and deliver outstanding communication services across the organisation. This includes managing a diverse portfolio of exciting projects and communications activities across 16 health professions.
We are looking for someone who can confidently build relationships in a large, complex organisation, be a self-starter, an excellent communicator who’s able to translate complex policy debates into plain English and keep things on track through first class communication strategies – both written and oral.
The successful applicant should understand the need to foster positive relationships with work colleagues to achieve this, as well as the importance of considering stakeholder and consumer views when advising on ways to engage and consult.
Opportunities available, 1xFTE till 30 June 2023 and 1xPT till June 2022, based in either Melbourne/or Hobart/or Brisbane.
In this role you will:
- Take the lead on projects, and on ad hoc work, to deliver great communications services.
- Develop and implement tailored communication and engagement strategies/plans to support objectives, to internal and external audiences.
- Provide advice on, and help develop and implement, communications plans, webinar programs, surveys and customer engagement strategies.
- Regularly prepare, develop and report using best practice internal and external communications and engagement tools.
- Work with internal and external suppliers and customers to deliver materials on time and on budget.
- Be a comms all-rounder with the ability to think strategically, tailor messages and produce high-quality content and collateral.
Role Description Role Descriptor Communications Advisor.pdf
As the ideal candidate you will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated communications experience in a high pressure and complex organisation
- A proven track record in providing outstanding customer service and working well in a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects, competing timelines and uncertainty
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, PR, or a related discipline
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance and flexible working
- Generous provisions for personal leave, annual leave loading, and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Sophisticated open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building
- Attractive base salary of $91,547 plus superannuation
- Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application and view the Position Description
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Please include in your cover letter if you are applying for FTE June 23 or PTE June 22
- Applications must be submitted by 11.30pm on Friday 29th Nov
- For further information or enquiries please contact Rachael Davies on (03) 8708 9396, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend