Regulatory Support Officer, Notifications
Job no: 496753
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth
Categories: Administration, Notifications
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
A Notification is a complaint or concern regarding the health, conduct or performance of a health practitioner or student who is registered with a National Board. The notification process is one of two major regulatory functions of the National Boards, the other being the registration of practitioners. The Notifications Division within Ahpra is responsible for the assessment and management of concerns raised about registered health practitioners across 16 health professions.
The Regulatory Support Officer, Notifications is required to be proactive and responsive in identifying the administrative requirements of their team and for the provision of a broad range of administration activities to support the team’s work.
This role is expected to engage with notifiers and health practitioners on a daily basis in responding to any or enquiries about notifications or the notifications process and for ensuring efficient and effective processes are maintained in the administrative management of notifications.
We have a number of positions to fill and continuously seek applicants to join our Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin based teams. Applications are accepted for expressions of interest to be placed on Ahpra’s merit list for future vacancies.
We will be looking to establish roles of varying tenures and status including full time, part time and casual employees. You will be able to detail your preferences during the application process.
Ahpra requires all employees to comply with Ahpra policies, including the COVID-19 Vaccination policy and Flexible working policy.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative assistance for the processing of notifications including responding to notification enquiries, managing correspondence and preparing documents
- Provide strong customer service and an effective phone service for the public and health practitioners engaging in the notification process
- In consultation with the Investigators, determine the course of action required on notifications and provide the necessary support
- Regularly communicate with the notifier and health practitioner to provide assistance and inform of the progress of the notification
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex administrative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in providing support across a range of administrative activities including but not limited to telephony, correspondence, document and file management and finance and data entry.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications for email, word processing, spreadsheets and data bases and an ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Well-developed organisational skills including excellent time management skills plus the ability to prioritise workload in response to time critical targets.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels.
Role Description: Role Description - Level 3 - Regulatory Support Officer (Notifications).pdf
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture
- A mix of work from home and office based - the best of both worlds!
- Great work/life balance with genuine flexibility
- Sophisticated open plan work spaces in a 5 star rated buildings
- Discounts on Health Insurance (Medibank) and Gym memberships
- Attractive salary of $70,196 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a current resume and a 1-2 page cover letter addressing the qualifications & experience section of the role description
- Applicants will be contacted throughout the recruitment process.
- For further information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 11.30pm AEST Sunday 29th May 2022
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend